I try to eat healthy everyday because sometimes it’s not easy to make the right choices.
You know what I mean, right?
You’re busy, just like me. You need an easy #foodhack.
I get it.
I talked to a Certified Personal Trainer recently who told me that protein shakes, post workout, can help you increase lean muscle.
That bit of information wasn’t common knowledge to me even though I grew up playing sports.
Seemed like a great suggestion since after a workout I typically don’t feel like lifting my arm all the way up to my mouth because my muscles had fatigued to the point where I was straining to shovel food in.
And I really don’t feel like making a protein meal just after a workout either.
It’s too much work.
I learned that drinking a protein smoothie after a workout helps your muscles recover much faster by providing them with immediate nutrients.
It can also help in reducing fat, increasing strength and repairing tissue.
So I tried it.
I loved it!
Berry Good Purple Power Post Workout Protein Smoothie
Here’s a fast #foodhack to satisfy your taste buds.
Throw all your yummy organic berries in the blender. For this smoothie, I confess I didn’t have any organic raspberries in my freezer.
Add a banana if you like your smoothies a bit creamier.
You’ll love it.
I added the baby spinach in at the last minute because it gives magical super strength to Popeye.
Should help me too, I figure. If nothing else, I threw it in because it makes me feel healthy when I blend it in my smoothies.
I feel like I’m tricking my body into eating something good for me…and I won’t even taste it!
I know you’re excited about making one right now.
But hold on! This is a post workout smoothie. So go out and work up a sweat!
Then come back and enjoy.
You’ll want to make one after every workout!
- 1½ cups coconut water
- ¼ cup organic coconut milk
- ¼ cup frozen organic blackberries
- ¼ cup frozen organic raspberries
- ¼ cup frozen organic blueberries
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 banana
- 1 handful organic baby spinach
- Put all ingredients in a blender. Blend on high until desired consistency is reached (30 sec - 1 min). If you like your smoothie a bit thicker, add a banana. You just worked out...you deserve it.
- Serve immediately with a fun straw.
- Makes 2 servings. Enjoy with a good friend...or finish it yourself!